Friday, August 26, 2011

Squamish, BC to Roseburg, OR

Left Squamish at 05:30 as I wanted to get to the BMW Dealer in Portland, OR by 13:00 in case I needed to replace the rear tire. It was 56 degrees and sunrise was at 06:19. The HID lights on the bike work well, they put a beam out about 250 yards.

Zoomed through Vancouver before rush hour and then waited in line 44 minutes to cross in to the U.S. at White Rock (Peace Bridge). There are nine lanes and they only had two open.




Stopped at Everett, WA for gas and spotted my favorite restaurant. Seeing as I hadn't had breakfast, what the heck.




Stopped at the BMW Dealer in Portland, 'Ride West'. Still some rubber left on the rear tire before the wear bar some am going to ride it to Reno. Met a guy at 'Ride West' riding a GS (the same as mine) who was coming back from Deadhorse. He was headed home to Georgia and getting tires changed on his bike.

After 532 miles today I called it quits when I saw the Motel 6 in Roseburg. It was 17:15.

Great to be back in the USA!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment