Sunday, August 21, 2011

Whitehorse, YK

Left Tok this morning at 07:45 after clearing the frost off the windscreen. ( I've learned how to start the beast when it's cold.)



Started out as a blue sky day. Too good to last. Just after crossing in to Canada the rain started.

The brackets supporting my Jesse Top Case have booth snapped. I suspect it was the 900 miles of abuse provided by the Dalton Highway (Haul Road).







It rained for about an hour after crossing in to Canada but I kept moving so never put on my rain gear. The rest of the day was threatening but never rained again. Looking east I could see that the 'Top of the World' route was filled in with black clouds so I'm glad that I opted for pavement via Destruction Bay. 100+ miles of wet gravel isn't fun. A 387 mile day arriving
Deadhorse at 16:50 (local time, back on PDT.)

Tomorrow it's on to Dease Lake, YK, a 408 mile day, all pavement except for road repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment