Monday, October 31, 2011

Ciudad Neily to Boquete, Panama

The GREAT news is that I made it out of Costa Rica and in to Panama without having to show a drivers license. And didn't have to bribe anyone. Of the last seven border crossings this was the only one where they didn't demand a DL. Go figure.

We departed at 08:00 this morning.


Only made it to the local bakery for breakfast.


Made it to the border by 08:30. Processed out of Costa Rica with no problem and then in to Panama.


The last window for Panama. Look at the stack of papers to the right in the background.



The last step was to pay $2 each to have the bikes fumigated, even in the rain!


The view from our deck at the Valle Del Rio Inn in Boquete.

Dan Porter, a friend and guy that hosts my business internet site lives here so is doing the faxing to the NV DMV in my attempt to get a duplicate NV DL. Wish I could say that I had some faith in the DMV folks. We'll see.

We'll be here two nights then on to Panama City, 283 miles, to start the process to 'fly' the bikes to Bogota, Colombia.

Amen.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Camino Valle Escondido,Boquete,Panama

No comments:

Post a Comment