Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quepos to Ciudad Neily, CR

Today we departed at 09:15 and came down the Coast Highway, #34. Last year, according to the desk clerk at the BW, the paved the last 30K leading out of Quepos. Relief!

The ride was uneventful other than dealing with the never ending potholes. Bike eating potholes.


We knocked off the 113 miles arriving at Ciudad Neily at 12:35. And we beat the afternoon thunderstorm.


Got the bikes covered before the rain hit. That's the hotel restaurant you see behind the bike. A lot of open air stuff here. It's 87 degrees and 110% humidity. I sweat through my shirt just standing in the shade.

Tomorrow Sara will be at the Nevada DMV in Carson City, the main office, at 08:00 with the forms completed to get me a duplicate DL. Should be interesting. Her thinking is that all the 'brass' are at that office so maybe sanity will break through.

We're 16K from the Panama Border and will give it a shot in the morning. First I'll have to deal with getting me and the bike out of Costa Rica. The first set of bureaucrats. Then I'll have to get NE and the bike in to Panama. Another set of bureaucrats. Should be interesting. Hopefully I won't be celebrating Thanksgiving in Costa Rica.

Keep your fingers crossed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:237,Ciudad Neily,Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment